Sunday, August 9, 2015

Who is Jed Mckenna?

The teachers we need will always be there when we need them; no reason to track down somebody else’s. -Jed Mckenna.

In March, this year, I was going through YouTube videos on self improvement as I often did in those days. One video titled 5 books that will change your life caught my attention. The guy in the video was a well known pick-up artist, Aaron, from RSD.
Now, like most people, I too was tired of redundant self help books and tips, but lately I had liked David Deida's books just for the heck of it. Besides, I had nothing better to do.

So the first among his recommendations was this strange "Spiritual Enlightenment" trilogy having these 3 books:
  1. Spiritual Enlightenment: The danmdest thing.
  2. Spiritually Incorrect Enlightenment
  3. Spiritual Warfare
All three written by a person named Jed Mckenna. And since I had nothing better to do, I went ahead and read these books. And it blew my mind.

I have never felt the same about any other book ever. And I have read hundreds if not thousands of them.
Jed Mckenna
Jed Mckenna

It is August now, and I am still reading and re-reading  those books. They have been of such enormous value.

But this post is not about how awesome those books are(which they are). I only want to know, who on earth is Jed Mckenna?

In the narrative of his first book, he is located in an "ashram" known by locals as the Jed-zone somewhere in the central states of the U.S. In the second book, he's somewhere in Europe. In the third, he rents a house in rural Mexico. In another book he wrote, he was back in America, where he had previously rented a mansion. These days, he's living in Cambodia, where he has an ashram. But nobody clearly knows exactly where. There are no photos of his on the internet, despite being popular. No YouTube videos, no book promotions. Nothing.

But all this secrecy, even though clearly on purpose, seems effortless for him.

How does one do that?

I'm not a popular person, but if you Google "Huzefa Saifee", I do pop up. It's a small world,you know. And Here is an author of 5 very successful books, but not a photo to be found, no video, no biography.

I find that amazing.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Your Smartphone is Deeply Love with You.

“If you want to be respected, you need LQ,” the founder and chairman of the Chinese internet giant Alibaba, Jack Ma, said at the Bloomberg ...