Monday, June 2, 2014

Computer Science

I used to like computers, coding and tech things like that when in my early teens. When in 7th standard, I remember being outside a book shop asking for c, c++ and java books. Those days are long gone. I'm now in the end of my third year in computer science engineering. Computing devices are now are seen much more than back in those days. I'm no longer that enthused at the idea of making software for others to use.

In the early 2000s, computing was the new cutting edge. Now it's meh.

To sum it all up, computer science consists of approximately these things:
How electricity works, how information is stored using electricity, how this information is manipulated to form calculations(microprocessors), how is it made into graphics, how abstract calculations can be made(automata theory), how to communicate with machines using various languages developed for the purpose. then you also learn about databases, computing networks, communication, encryption, among other things.

It's a rather versatile thing to know. Very useful and practical.

However, earning a living as a software engineer, or any job, for that matter, is simply not worth it. I can see that. India has become a pool of cheap labor to many an industrialists, foreign and Indian alike. The scenario is too competitive. The pay is scant.

Inflation is high.

I still have some love for computers left in my heart. I don't want to spoil it by making it my occupation to tend to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Smartphone is Deeply Love with You.

“If you want to be respected, you need LQ,” the founder and chairman of the Chinese internet giant Alibaba, Jack Ma, said at the Bloomberg ...